Mentorship and Community Joint Support Organization in partnership with PhET Interactive Simulations had a week-long training for The Gambia College STEM lecturers on Digital Pedagogy using PhET Sims. 3rd to 7th January 2023.
As part of efforts to improve STEM education in The Gambia with Ministry of Basic and Secondary Education, The Gambia, collaborating with Gambia College could not come at a better time for us, as the college is the base ground for the development teachers in The Gambia.
This week-long training includes,
– Basic online safety measures and computing
– How to access, download and make use of the PhET offline
– Tips on how to effectively use PhET Sims
– Explore simulations in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology
– Active learning strategies (concept questions, Interactive Lecture Demonstrations, and whole class inquiry)
– lesson planning using the pre and post-reflective tools
– Classroom Observation Tool to assess teachers and students in the classroom.
As we progress, an alignment will be done with the technical experts of the college, step down training and inculcate digital pedagogy into classroom lesson delivery.
for more information, please visit https://mcjsupport.org/